Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Garden update

Wow, our apartment looks like a mini green house. I am having so much fun with these little seedlings. They have gotten so big since my last update. I have to watch the tomatoes pretty carefully because they drink water like a horse. I also purchased a strawberry plant today. It already has some mini strawberries growing. Makes me feel a little closer to my family in Florida by having a strawberry plant in our apartment. In Florida we grow lots of oranges and strawberries. Every year we have a big strawberry festival dedicated to strawberries. We also have lots and lots of strawberry stands that sell strawberry shortcake. My family and I go to this little stand in Brandon and it seriously is the best strawberry shortcake you will ever have. Anyways, enough blabbing...

Future Garden Plans:
Our goal for this next week is to get started on our seedlings that need to be planting directly into the ground and also Stephen wants to grow some grapevines so we are going to build some posts for them. 
Bell Peppers and Tomatillos

Broccoli


Sweet Tomatoes and Heirloom Tomatoes

Poblano Peppers and Jalapheno Peppers

Sweet Onions and Red Onions

Cantaloupe and Basil

No comments:

Post a Comment